Sunday, July 22, 2007

So Fun!!


This week's Featured Stamper challenge on SCS was so fun!! The challenge was to pick a card from Ana's gallery... it was hard to pick a card because her gallery is so great!!! This is the card that I came up with... it's a welcome baby card and I have no shortage of people to give it to!!


I love this little elephant!! I tried to adhere the ribbon to the card with Crystal Effects which didn't work and left a spot on the ribbon. I have no luck with Crystal Effects.


I have about 200 pages to go on HP and I LOVE it!! In my opinion, it is the best book!! That's all I will say!! The main reason I love the HP books so much is the possibility that there is magic out there! As Harry says, Muggles go to great lengths to rationalize magic. It's fun to think that maybe there is a whole magical world going on that we can't see. When I was a kid, I read the Borrower books which were sort of the same premise... little people living in the floors/walls of homes and stealing from the home owners in order to survive. A little creepy to think of a whole society in your walls.... I also love Mary Poppins for the same reason... magic that you have to believe in to see. The Borrowers and Mary Poppins are both set in London... so also began my love of London, which has not dimmed at all. So that is the basis of my love for Harry Potter...it appeals to the kid in me!


I saw my nephews today... they got new sunglasses. They looked SO cute though of course wouldn't stay still long enough for me to get a picture!


Details-

Paper- SU Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise, Bashful Blue, Colorbok patterned paper

Stamps-Stamps by Judith, SU Simply Said, SU Warm Words

Accessories- Hodgepode Hardware, Making Memories ribbon

4 comments:

Melissa Greenfield said...

Of course I'm gonna think this is a very cute card. I loved the one you made for my shower as well!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Adorable! What a sweet little elephant stamp!

Carmen said...

I was getting used to a new blog entry every day. Now what should I do when I am supposed to be working?

Jen Vogelsong said...

You can visit my blog Carmen! It's not nearly as fun as Laura's though because it can't be all personal stuff because it's YDR-sanctioned. I do have a rather offending picture of my feet on there right now, though... :)