I made a card for the SCS color challenge today but I could not get a decent picture of it. I kept at it until I looked at the clock and remembered I have a job and they like me to be on time and not show up in my sweaty gym clothes. So I abandoned my camera and will try again when I get home.
I've been tagged by Godchick to share 7 random things about myself and then tag 7 other bloggers. I've never been tagged before, not online anyway... I was always the worst at tag on the playground... does that count as one thing?:)
1. I've had surgery twice in my life. I was born without tear ducts and they were "installed" when I was a year old. Before that I used to get alot of eye infections, so I'm told, and when I cried my tears wouldn't drain, they would just spill over, like cartoon characters which strikes me as funny. The second surgery was corrective surgery for a bunion and arthritis in my foot three years ago.
2. I couldn't have furry pets when I was younger b/c of allergies in the family but I did get a goldfish in the 5th grade. His name was Squeaker and he lived for 9 years. My friends wonder if he died and my parents kept replacing him:) He died when I was away at college and my dad buried him in a matchbox in our back yard:)
3. I did a year of volunteer service with the Jesuit Volunteer Corps for a year after college. I was out in Phoenix.. it was one of the best decisions I've ever made.
4. I love to read. Ever since I was a little girl I would have 2 or 3 books going at a time. I still love it but don't have as much time as I did and now it shares my free time with stamping:)
5. I spent three months backpacking in Australia. Ahhhh... to be that thin and tanned again!
6. I have 3 nephews and 1 niece who I absolutely adore... they are the cutest EVER!!!
7. I am a licensed social worker and work in a hospital ER, doing emergency psychiatric evaluations. I had trouble with the job when I started because I found it SO sad but I have adjusted and worked on that. I am also pursuing my nursing degree part time. I would like to combine nursing and social work. I'm not sure what kind of job I want.. I just really like learning about the workings of the body and disease.. I know I could never work on a respiratory floor though. The sounds of people coughing... ughhh, turns my stomach!!
I'm always suprised when I finish stuff like this, how much I love to talk about myself:) Now I have to tag 7 people...
If you don't want to play, no problem! I qualify because I am having flashbacks to chain letters in elementary school... I had a bad experience:)