Sunday, January 6, 2008

The Best Gifts

Gift cards!! This year, instead of buying gifts for the whole family, the adults drew names out of a hat and bought gifts for one person. I had my mom.. all she wanted was a Stampin' Up gift certificate... can't get much easier than that!! My brother-in-law, Mike, had me and got me gift cards to Stampin' Up, AC Moore and Target!!!!

I already used my AC Moore gift card on Prismacolor pencils! I have been wanting these for a while... I can't find any gamsol in order to do blending, still on the lookout for that! I also got 2 Prismacolor markers which I love as well!!










Using Sketch Challenge 157, I made this thank you card for my brother-in-law, and my sister who threw in some extra SU money as a thank you for babysitting.





I just started reading the book Acts of Faith by Philip Caputo. It is a fictional account of relief workers in Sudan. It is certainly not a light read but excellent so far!! I hope you all had a great weekend! My weekend was lovely! Last night I went to a Pampered Chef/ Lia Sophia jewelry party... a random combination but it was alot of fun! I bought a $10 cake decorating set! I can't wait to get it! One of my mom's friends is a professional caterer/baker and she is going to teach me how to decorate cakes!! I love the Lia Sophia jewelry but I can't justify $80 on a ring!




It's supposed to be close to 60 degrees on Tuesday!! Hopefully we don't have to contend with this for a while!! This is a picture looking down my driveway toward my house. It's a beautiful setting but that driveway was the BANE.OF.MY.EXISTENCE during the month of December!! I saw two deer on the driveway yesterday and my roommates heard coyotes tonight... I love living in the woods!



Card Details-
Paper- AC Moore white base, SU Simply Scrappin' Winter kit
Stamps-SU Thankful Thoughts
Accessories- Brads, SU Markers, SU Wild Wasabi Ink




2 comments:

Jen Vogelsong said...

BANE.OF.MY.EXISTENCE

Now there's a phrase I haven't heard/used in a few years... takes me back Hurley! :)

Carmen said...

I love that thank you card.