Monday, June 1, 2009

Mojo Monday #89

Look what was waiting for me when I get home today... my new sets from Verve!! So, I checked my e-mail this morning and found the tracking information for these bad boys. Imagine my surprise when I saw they arrived this morning... in MA... from Idaho... where they were ordered on Friday afternoon!!!! Talk about great customer service!! Well, in addition to the customer service, the stamps are so cute!! They are pretty deeply etched and give a really nice impression! So, I used the new Up, Up and Away set for this week's Mojo Monday sketch challenge.

This card was heavily influenced by this card from Jen Del Muro. I read Jen's blog every day and love her work!! I can't believe that tonight... besides dragging myself to the gym... I used Pacific Point!! Generally I'm not a fan of the bold bright family and I feel like Pacific Point is similiar. But I thought it would work well here. The sketch seems to call for a differentiation between the top and bottom... instead of using patterned paper, I stamped the little curlicue in versamark and stamped along the bottom. I like the way this card turned out!

Details-Paper-SU Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White and Kraft; Ink-Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark; Stamps-Verve Up,Up and Away; Accessories- Copics, SU Marker, foam tape, paper piercer, Marvy circle punches, Swiss Dots folder and Cuttlebug


Thanks for looking!!

1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Great card! Love the colors on your balloon. Thanks for playing! :)